Why Buy An Annuity
- Fixed annuities are safe and the principal is fully guaranteed.
- Interest rates on annuities generally are higher than interest rates offered on CDs, money market or savings accounts.
- Annuities can help reduce your income taxes if you reinvest your earnings, because earnings are not taxed until they are withdrawn, unlike CDs, savings accounts, bonds, mutual funds and stocks, whose earnings are currently taxed whether they are reinvested or withdrawn.
- Annuities can reduce the income taxes you pay on your social security income, if your earnings are reinvested for the same reason described above. Annuity income is not part of the calculation that determines how much of your social security benefits are subject to income taxes. Even tax free municipal bond interest are included in that calculation.
- Annuities are able to guarantee a lifetime income no matter how long you live and no matter how much money you have.
- Annuities are generally asset protected from the claims of creditors, unlike most other assets, other than cash value life insurance and qualified retirement plans and IRAs.
- Unlike stocks, bonds and mutual funds, certain kinds of fixed annuities allow you to participate in market gains without exposure to market losses. Interest earned each year is locked in, and along with your principal, protected from market decline.
- Annuities are popular investment choices for pre-retirees and retirees and are available to all ages through age 100.